Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I found our Ansonia Cabinet Antique 8-day Clock on Antique…

Customer Question
I found our Ansonia...

I found our Ansonia Cabinet Antique 8-day Clock on Antique Clocks page and found your link above. Just wanted to get a ballpark estimate of value.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I know the clock is from the 1890s, since I have a photo of my grandparents home about 1895, and this clock is there on the mantel. What else do you need to know? It's called Ansonia "Cabinet Antique" clock. And I guess I can subscribe to that site to see what this clock might have gotten in auction, but your link sounded quicker.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That's about it. Several years ago, the clock operated, but I haven't tried to wind it for many years. In a very old book, "The Official Price Guide to Antique Clocks by Roy Ehrhardt, the prices listed were $800 and $1000, I presume for sale or purchase.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/6/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock,
dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.