Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Blake etching of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. It is…

Customer Question
I have a William...

I have a William Blake etching of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. It is a little Brown but otherwise in good condition. It was given to my husband in the 1960's by a woman who bought it in England in the 20's or 30's. Is there any way I can find out if it has any value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

That's all I know about it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/6/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

i DON'T HAVE THE FACILITY TO SEND PICTURES. i LIVE IN SPOT THE DOESN'T SERVE MY PHONE.
I can measure and send a description. I have seen a photo on another website
It is approximately 19 X 8 inches. Across the bottom it has Chaucers canterbury Pilgrims. Under that it says painted in fresco by William Blake & by him engraved and published October 8 1810. Ye yon to Canterbury God mote you spede
There is no writing on the back.
Please let me know if you can help me or not. The waiting is tiresome.

Chaucers Canterbury Pilgrims,

an original etching and line engraving, likely from 1810 to 1850,

slight discoloration, has a value of $1200 to $1500 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know.