Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a mahogany dining room set that I would like to get…

Customer Question
I have a mahogany...

I have a mahogany dining room set that I would like to get appraised. It belonged to a great-aunt,then my mother and I have had it for 45 years. I am moving and will not be able to take it with me. The set has a rectangular table with a leaf, a china cabinet, six chairs and a buffet. I old lime to find out what it is worth.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There is one spot on the table where my mother pressed too hard and part of an address can be seen. Otherwise all the pieces are in good shape. I, so far, have been unable to move the bigger pieces to see if there are any identifying names on it. I hope to get help to do this soon. Is there anyone I can call who would come to my home and appraise it?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/6/2017
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

You don't necessarily need someone to come to your house. Do you have any photos you can send? If you do, I can help you value them here.

.

To send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana