Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Should I wait until my set of havilin Lemoge silver

Customer Question
Should I wait until...

Should I wait until my set of havilin Lemoge silver anniversary China is 100 years old in 2019 to sell? I have everything including consume cups and butter ***** *****ttle dishes along with the normal set of serving pieces salad dishes entre dishes, cups and saucers etc.?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I don’t think so???

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/5/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as a dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

"Complete Sets" come in many different sizes.

Please tell me the following -

How many people does your set serve? (These are called place settings)

How many pieces does each person have? (This is the number of pieces in each place setting.)

What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.

!!!!!Please do not send photos of the whole set. I cannot tell what pieces are in a set via such a photo!!!!

Kind regards,
Doris

Have photos on iPhone where do I send

If the pictures are on your phone, you can email them to your own email address.

Then you can go to your laptop. desktop or tablet to receive the email. Then save the attached pictures to your hard drive or where ever you usually save your pictures.

Come back to this thread on your computer.

Then follow these instructions.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" link (near the "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Looks like you got them

Yes, indeed. Your excellent pictures came through.

Now for the rest of the required information.

Please tell me the following -

Kind regards,
Doris

I need to get them out of storage. Can I send you the info tomorrow?

Of course you can come back to this thread tomorrow. If I am not online, I will come back to your question ASAP.

If you know how many pieces in total you have, I can estimate from that without your having to unpack it.

Kind regards,

Doris

Nice! I’ll do that tomorrow morning.

That's fine. Just sign on and come back to this thread.

Hello this is Teresa Standley. I was unable to gather all my Havelin Lemoge silver anniversary china over the weekend. I’ll gather them all tomorrow. Thought I should let you know as I told you Friday I’d send numbers on Saturday.

Thank you. There is no hurry at this end.