Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a antique porcelain lamp-vase Epoque K'ang-HSI

Customer Question
I have a antique...

I have a antique porcelain lamp-vase Epoque K'ang-HSI 1662-1723 can you give me an idea of price to sell it. Thank you

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a antique porcelain vase K'ANG - HSI 1662-1723 and I want to sell it. Can you quote me the value. Thank you

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That is all I have

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/5/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

What does this look like and what size is it?
Glenda

Is a light ivory color and is 42 cm high

Can you tell me exactly what is written on the bottom? And also is this decorated in anyway?

I am sorry I do not do phone calls, if you can tell me what is written on the bottom, I can get the value for you. Or can you send a picture of this?

Glenda

Bottom: Epoque K'ANG - H 1662-1723
Is a light color white and with a flowers design very light blue

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Epoque K'ANG - H 1662-1723 Vase 42 cm high has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $800.00-875.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $500.00-525.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $800.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $ 800.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer.

This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!
A rating is appreciated

Thank you
Glenda

Thank you very much for your comments, I will send you pictures and more info very soon

Hello

I am not sure I understand what you mean? I gave you an answer are you now wanting to send me the pictures of this?

Did you not see my answer?

Glenda

I saw your answer and appreciate very much the contents. The reason for my offer of pictures and writing at the bottom of the vase is for you to review your answer. Your quote is base in uncompleted information and your request for pictures is very logical. Can you see my point? I hope so.
Thank you
Jorge Lubary

Hello

Well I am not sure the quote is uncomplete as you say, since I am very familiar with what you have. But yes send me a picture I would love to see it and verify that my information is correct. Please upload that picture here :

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.

Hello

Are you still interested in sending me a picture of this?

Glenda

I am waiting for the picture any moment . It is going to be send to me from overseas. As soon a get it I will send it to you.
Thank you for the waiting.
Jorge Lubary

Ok thank you,