Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I hs. I have a painting by Claude Monet which I purchased…

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting by Claude Monet which I purchased 15=20 years ago at a yard sale in York, Maine! I have not been able to find a canvas or reprint of this painting. Do you have a suggestion as to how i can find out about my painting?? jane lamb ***@******.*** thanks

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The painting came framed, and is a winter scene, maybe in the Alps? It is about. 10x12 in size and has a # 572 on the back.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/5/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help (and I am down the street from York, Maine!). Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.