Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 20x12.5 framed reproduction of CM "Jerked Down"

Customer Question
I have a 20x12.5...

I have a 20x12.5 framed reproduction of CM Russell "Jerked Down" with Copyright A.A.,Inc. 1907 on it. what is the worth?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That's all I know.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It's very old but in great shape

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/5/2017
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

Please give me a moment. I'm researching this to see if I can locate something comparable without asking you to post a photo. However, if you do have one easily available, that would be good too!

The original painting was done in 1907 by CM Russell.

AA Inc (Aaron Ashley Inc), would have done the reproduction print--in this case a collograph--sometime between 1955 and 1970--the date may be somewhere on the print.

The retail value of the print unframed is $150.00. The value of the frame depends on its quality--feel free to post a photo--but likely it adds another $50 or so, unless it's exceptional.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer