Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a old mantle clock made of marble by Kay & Co,

Customer Question
I have a old...

I have a old mantle clock made of marble by Wright Kay & Co, Detroit. The clock weighs 20.5 lbs. It has a sticker that reads: Valley Clock Service,***** N. Hollywood, Ca. then it has the following : PO 1-2280 and then 1-4660, the 4660 number is ***** in pencil.. On the rear entry cover there is the following: C121082 or WC121082. I would like to know the value and where I might be able to auction it off? Pictures available.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That is all the information I could read except that inside rear opening below the steel rings is a round symbol with letters that I can not make out.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/4/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock,
dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.

Here are pics.:

The pictures are not coming through yet. It works best if you add one, hit send, then do the next.

I'd love to help, but I am not seeing any photos.

I will do my best without.

This is an 1882 marble mantel clock, exact maker unknown, retailed/sold by the jewelry

and gift store of Wright Kay and Co of Detroit, Michigan. I will add a photo fo the inside of the store.

This clock has a current value of $300 to $450 retail if it is by Seth Thomas, Ansonia, or one of the other big names clock makers of that time.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer or need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.