Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Reginald Lander print, "Surrey Mill," signed and…

Customer Question
I have a Reginald...

I have a Reginald Lander print, "Surrey Mill," signed and numbered. Do you have any idea what the value might be?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has bio card on the back. I bought it at a gallery in Portland, OR about 35 years ago. The card says "lithograph pulled at workshop of Andrew Purches, Sussex, 1977.". there is a separate label that says "A.P.F, Inc. framemakeres and conservators, NYC."

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is in excellent condition. framed.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/4/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR-

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Doris, the framed size is 27x22 inches. The edge of the frame is 1/2 inch, so that makes the print about 26x21. I will follow the instructions you provided to send you photos. Thank you.

I look forward to seeing your photos.

Kind regards,

Doris