Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a friend who owns an Evert Sodergren chair from 1955.

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend who owns an Evert Sodergren chair from 1955. She wants to sell, and we wondered how to get it appraised

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Well it came up online as 24,500.00 dollars. Is this realistic. The chair is in the Smithsonion

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/3/2017
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Doreen,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your friend's Sodergren chair.

Is it identical to this one from the Smithsonian?

Are there any condition issues? Structural damage, etc?

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert.

It's not in my possession, and she may have to get it appraised for insurance purposes, so please do not continue with the search. I'm so sorry, I thought a was just paying five dollars for an estimate. I can't pay 48 dollars, when she did not approve it. Thank you.

Okay, no problem.

Thank you so much for understanding. I appreciate your time

You won't be charged anything since you did not get an answer, though you may have to contact customer support to have your $5 deposit refunded. As I work "on" but not "for" JustAnswer as an independent appraiser, I'm not able to do that for you from my screen.

I hope your friend has a successful sale, she should do well with it, it's a rare and desirable example of mid-century modern sculptural furniture.

Best wishes,
Robert.