Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm jamie it's nice to meet you I also found an oil painting…

Customer Question
Hi I'm jamie it's...

Hi I'm jamie it's nice to meet you I also found an oil painting by g de Marco mine is quite a bit bigger I bought it at a flea market about ten years ago

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is twenty and 1/8 wide by 24 inches tall

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I am trying to send pictures now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
Ok I put in my deposit this isn't going to bill me a monthly fee later is it
10/3/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

This note is to let you know that I got your photos.
I will work on this and get back to you with an answer as soon as I can.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.

Ok this are what I just took

Georges De Marco (1906 - 1990)

is a listed artist from France.

This piece is a print of one of his still life paintings done circa 1950 -1960.

If you look with a magnifying glass, you will see a series of dots that make up the lithographic printing process. I can see these dots when I enlarge the signature close-ups in the areas around the signature. This type of print was usually finished with a varnish texture that gave the surface illusion of paint strokes.

This print has a current value of $70 to $90 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I have looked at it with a magnifying glass the only dots I see are the little squares in the canvas showing through

Yes, that is the indication of a lithographic print. This is 100% not an original painting.

I have added an extreme example of what I mean.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.