Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Found. Found: Water Color Call of the West Winds. Call of…

Customer Question
Found: Water Color Call...

Found: Water Color Call of the West Winds

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Call of the West Winds

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/3/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 10 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Artist is Charles H. Davis and the watercolor of the title was found wrapped in parents attic. I was a wedding gift I think from the artist. Around 90 years ago maybe. There is supposed to be a oil painting of a larger size somewhere but this is around 19" x 15". Upper left corner has been water damaged to obscure a small cloud. Oh, an animal (maybe a cow?) is on the lower right. I can try to take a picture but I have not really mastered this digital stuff. Can I try the picture stuff tomorrow in bright sunlight to get a better picture? And how do I send it after I take that picture? I know how to get the picture transferred into my computer but not sure how to get it transferred to this web site.

Yes, you can send the images at any time - no rush.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Cannot take calls just now. We live in the foothills of Mt. St. Helens in Washington State and have only a landline which is in use now (heart monitoring) and we use satellite for internet and TV. Very slow. But we are lucky to have connectivity. How can I reach back to you tomorrow? can you send a link to my email or something?

No worries on the call.

You can sign back in and reach me through this conversation thread.

~Nora

Thanks.

Certainly