Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is the approximate value of my 6-piece silver tea set.

Customer Question
What is the approximate...

What is the approximate value of my 6-piece silver tea set. It has a large tray, two pitchers, and four other pieces. The marks on the bottom are a moon, a swan, and a dragon (I think). The bottom also says "Hand Chased". The sugar bowl has the number 2752DM on the bottom.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

My mother received the set in 1943.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/2/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks (very important) by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.