Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an antique singer sewing machine in good condition.

Customer Question
Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an antique singer sewing machine in good condition. Model number 66K, plate number Y5041540 and I think it was made in 1927. I would be happy to have an appraisal from you, thank you.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I really do not much more, the machine was gifted by my late Grandmother.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/1/2017
Antique Expert: Diana F., Antiques Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Is your grandmother's old machine a handcrank, treadle or electric version? Do you have cabinet or table that goes with it?

~Diana

The machine is a treadle type, not electric. It has three drawers on each side and the machine swings down into a cabinet below and the bench top folds over the top of that.

Great! Thanks. That was just what I needed. If you'll give me a few minutes, I'll put together all the info for you.

.

~Diana

I thought the $5 was to cover a basic answer to my question. I cannot afford more for your service. Thank you.

Hi.

No. If you read closely it says the $5 is a good faith deposit and then you're charged the remaining amount once an expert has replied or answered.

.

Do you want me to send this to customer service for refund?

~Diana

please refund my $5.00.