Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have Dupont lighter. I think this is solid gold. Market…

Customer Question
I have Dupont lighter...

I have Dupont lighter. I think this is solid gold . Market S.T. Dupont de Paris Made in France. 14CT83

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Gold colour with red. Lighter size: 4.5 x 3.5 cm

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I dont know. First time on this site

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/1/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hi, my name is Glenda,

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Market S.T. Dupont de Paris Made in France. 14 CT Gold has an estimated value on the current market for an average of 600.00 -650.00 GBP if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around 400.00-450.00 GBP, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for 650.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for 650.00 GBP
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Rating the appraiser for answering your question has no cost to you, so please take a moment to rate this answer. This is the only way we get compensated by the site for our work. At no cost to you the customer.

This may be clicking the stars, rate expert or review expert.
.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda

Sorry. Wrong information. I been in shop they said the lighter plated not worth nothing. Please do refund my money.

Hello

I am not sure what you mean, " wrong information" if you mean you gave me the wrong information I certainly understand that. If you mean I gave you the wrong information, I gave you the value of a 14 CT, Gold lighter which is what 14ct shows.

Even though this lighter is Gold Plated does not make it useless, the gold plated are selling on Ebay for an average of $100.00- to as much as 250.00 each. Here is one that sold Oct 3rd for $120.00 just click the link to see it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/St-DuPont-Gold-20-Lighter-Made-In-Paris-France-Vintage-60-039-s-/162687243081?hash=item25e0ea5349%3Ag%3AD6wAAOSwYCxZygWU&nma=true&si=bx0ty7jmU3HLdDZnLFPI0fkyH%252Bg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This one is listed on Etsy for 275.00: https://www.etsy.com/listing/537462779/genuine-st-dupont-gold-plated?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=st%20dupont%20france&ref=sr_gallery_5

You can list your lighter on Ebay and sell it for from 75.3488 GBP to as much as 188.379 GBP and it is possible it would go higher depending on who bids on it.

So the lighter is not useless, they do sell. They are very collectible to people who collect lighters.

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.

.
.

.

A rating is appreciated
Thank you
Glenda