Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a number of paintings from the 1800s or so. Some of…

Customer Question
I have a number of...

I have a number of paintings from the 1800s or so. Some of the artists names on the paintings are" A Pasini C mone't HERRGOTH GORDINO R Trescon yayer or mayer (obscured by frame) Picture titled "norwegian tippler" It's difficult to makeout artists name sarity g rovanity ?? not sure, spelling is a guess Also a few others that have been passed down over the years. What i'm trying is to begin to get some sort of valuation (if they'tr worth anything at all) on these items. I know it is difficult from the the list I have given you I have photos of some of these, that I can send. My email is ******** Thanks: Curtis

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
10/1/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 10 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hi

You have a vintage original painting signed Gordino that dates to the 3rd quarter of the 20th century, 1950’s - 1970’s.

It is by what is known as an unlisted artist, meaning one that does not sell at auction for fine art collector and investor purposes, but a painting that is more intended for decorative framed original wall art for the home, hotel or lobby setting. Oftentimes, the artist’s name that is on the painting is fictitious and they painted in factory settings in Mexico and China. They were sold in decorator shops, furniture show room stores and department store furniture sections.

Your vintage framed oil painting could sell for $75 - $200 on today’s market. They do get offered for higher on online auction sites, but the realistic sales prices are lower than asking

price.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

I thought I sent the pic of the pasini. I will try the add files and see if I can get the pic to you. Please let me know if you recieve it, and opinion, thanks

There is only an image of the Gordino painting attached here.

~Nora

I have been trying to compress the correct photo in order to send it to you so far no luck. do you have ideas as to how to compress a 6.6 mb lower than 5mb?

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Hi, just following up to see if you got the pics that I sent to the support address

I have not yet received any additional photos.

~Nora

Here are the pictures. Please let me know if you get them.
IMGP6189.JPGIMGP6189.JPGIMGP6190.JPGIMGP6190.JPGIMGP6191.JPGIMGP6191.JPGIMGP6272.JPGIMGP6272.JPGIMGP6273.JPGIMGP6273.JPGIMGP6274.JPGIMGP6274.JPGIMGP6275.JPGIMGP6275.JPGIMGP6277.JPGIMGP6277.JPG

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Please add a photo of the backside of the Pasini painting, do not remove from frame.

~Nora

Ok It may take a few days to find and unpack. It's in the process in being moved.

Understood. No rush.