Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

9/30/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the piece/set that came with your original inquiry.
Let me know if this is a service for 8, 10 or 12 plus serving pieces.
Add pictures of the pattern and the maker's mark on the bottom of one piece by using the +Add File feature.

This is a set of china made by Krautheim and Adelberg of Bavaria, Germany

between the years of 1922 to 1945. The name on the bottom is the signature

of the hobby artist that hand painted the china. It was common for ladies to buy blank white china and paint it themselves. Studio artists signed within the art and hobby artists signed on the bottom. A service for 12 plus serving pieces of this painted German china has a value of $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

help me understand please, we’re these just white plates that someone, painted? Mc Farland was my great grandmother’s last name. Curious

Yes, they were white china. This was common for people to do.

They must have been painted by your grandmother.

to get good feedback for answering.