Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I just purchased on old french oil painting. It cam with a…

Customer Question
I just purchased on...

I just purchased on old french oil painting. It cam with a certificate of authenticity. Unfortunately no one can read the artists name. Can you jelp me? Alice McClendon, Stockton, Ca

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I just purchased an old french oil painting. It came with a certificate of authenticity. but we cannot decipher the artists name. Can you help me? Alice McClendon, Stockton, Ca

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I can email you a pic of the painting and the artists name?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/30/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

You can also email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"for rarewares" in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.

Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Can you upload a photo of the certificate of authenticity?

Hi Jennifer, The certificate has nothing written on it. But a gold seal etc. Ill send it to you.

Sure, I'm curious about it.

JMy copy is just a hair differentennifer, I found my copy of the original painting. It is a copy of Pino Daeni's painting of the kitchen girl titled "Just another day". Someone at Prestige Arts painted my copy. It a little different but I probably paid too much for mine. But I love her anyway. Thanks for all your help...Alice McClendon

I'm a little confused where we are on this.

Jennifer

See my past questions. Im not sure what you are confused about. What do you need from me?

I think I get it now--yours is a repainted copy of an original painting? I was confused, thought you were talking about a different painting.

If it's a copy, it would probably be worth around $500.

Jennifer