Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a small pottery basket approx. 4" high with handle…

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small pottery basket approx. 4" high with handle and 4" wide rim to rim. The design is rosemal with yellow painted ruffled edging. The bottom is stamped with DRA 941 and hand engraved with MD with the md connected at the M leg. Any clue as to the maker?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Hand written with a pen of some sort are the capital initials AT and painted in black are the markings I s I with a sideways A, or what appears to be the markings.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/30/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.