Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

WE BOUGHT A PAINTING AT A YARD SALE THURSDAY. ON THE BACK IT…

Customer Question
WE BOUGHT A PAINTING...

WE BOUGHT A PAINTING AT A YARD SALE THURSDAY. ON THE BACK IT IS LISTED AS AN ANDREW WYETH DRY AIR BRUSH, 291/2' X 123/4", 1960 ( DETAIL ) MAY DAY. COLLECTION OF MRS. ANDREW WYETH. IS THIS WORTH ANYTHING, WOULD APPRECIATE AN ANSWER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

WE BOUGHT A PAINTING AT A YARD SALE ON THURSDAY. ON THE BACK IS A STICKER SIGNED BY ANDREW WYETH. IT IS LISTED AS AN ANDREW WYETH, . IT IS 291/2'X123/4, DATED 1960 ( DETAIL ) NAMED MAY DAY. COLLECTION OF MRS. ANDREW WYETH. IS THIS WORTH ANYTHING, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORTS... GRACE AND GENE RICHARD

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. Please add images at your convenience by using the +Add File feature
next to the SEND button.

I will need to see to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back of the completed framing. Give me time to do some research after you add pictures.
No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond.

This is a print of a painting titled May Day by artist Andrew Wyeth,

the painting created in 1960 and the print

published by the NY Graphic Society in 1971.

In good condition, this print has a current value of $275 to $300 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer or need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.