Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have three folk art paintings that I have no idea if they…

Customer Question
I have three folk art...
I have three folk art paintings that I have no idea if they are worth anything. Can you help me? They were my moms.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
9/30/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

The large one is a giclee reproduction of the famed Folk Art painting titled, Two Children from Torrey Family. The original piece was painted circa 1835 by an unknown artist. Reproduction displays two young children, identified as sisters as Sarah Frances Torrey born Jan 9, 1829, and Frances Isabella Torrey, born April 7, 1831, dressed in formal clothing, standing behind a display of flowers. The parents were Ebenezer and Frances Torrey, married 1825, she died in 1831.

The other two are also reproduction lithographic prints of paintings that were donein the 1830's and printed later. YOur set of three prints were done in last 30 to 40 years and have a value of $60 for the large Torrey print, $30 for the mediu size print and $25 for the smallest one.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

Ebay and letgo.com (local).

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer or need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.