Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a porcelain doll It's a toddler holding a bear

Customer Question
I have a porcelain...

I have a porcelain doll It's a toddler holding a bear dressed in red, white and blue. Hair is in ringlets; light red. And it has a number in back but can't find any brand name

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The face is lifelike; bear and doll match; 16 inch;

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Body is cloth but face hands and legs is porcelian

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
have a porcelain doll. It's a toddler holding a bear dressed in red, white and blue. Hair is in ringlets; light red. And it has a number in back but can't find any brand name
body is cloth but hands, legs and face is porcelain
additional info: wearing a sailor type with big red bow in front. She's about 17 inches.
sailor type jacket
9/30/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 10 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you attach photos of the front, back overall of the doll and bear please also a close up of the number on the doll for evaluation. I can then research to see if I can find the maker and give you information along with values. I appreciate your help and look forward to helping you. To attach photos here click on file upload , add files, or the paperclip button and follow the prompts. You may also email the photos by sending them to***@******.*** and in the email please put "for ladyatanya65" and the company will forward them on to me.

My camera is not working right now but I'll figure out how to get you a photo. I'll send it to your email

no rush thank you for letting me know The email is***@******.*** and this is to the company I am not an employee of the company I am a certified and licensed appraiser that is seen the same as you are. I have no access to your information other then what we type here. The company will forward the photos to me once they receive them and I will let you know as soon as I have them. I appreciate your help I look forward to seeing the doll and bear. I will watch for the photos and let you know when I have them.

I was wrong about the dolls. They are not porcelain; They're hard plastic like or something like plastic. I'm still trying to get pictures to you. I think I forgot to tell you there two dolls; a girl and a matching boy, same kind of outfit and short red hair.

Thank you for the information. They do sound wonderful and I look forward to seeing them. I will let you know when they are on my end here in post or by email I can post here when I receive them. I will check back and there is no rush when you get them sent or posted I will let you know I have them and am working on the dolls for you.

Hello I wanted to check and see if you were able to post photos of the doll for review I look forward to helping you on this doll and bear and have not received any photos on my end. Thank you

My trial membership is over as of 10/5 and I can't afford the regular membership so I didn't send anything too you. Let me know if I still can.

Yes please send the photos and I will watch for them.I look forward to helping you on the doll

I just received an email from Tony at Just Answer Who says my trial membership last until the end of this month. The dolls are at an antique store right now foe an estimate only. As soon as I get them back I will send you the pictures.

Thank you I am just the appraiser I am not an employee of the company so that information I know nothing about. If Tony said good till end of month that that should be correct.. I only know what we post here and I look forward to seeing the doll Thank you

Hi I was just checking in there is no rush I was just seeing if photos had posted. Thank you and have a great week ahead.

not yet. Thank you for checking.

thank you for reply not a problem have a great day