Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am 48 years old and I started to explore my artistic side.

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** I am 48 years old and I started to explore my artistic side. I have created a few pieces and would like feed back on one of these pieces, it is a elk antler chair and ottoman . please let me know where I can seed pictures . thank you

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The chair frame is elk antler , the seat is elk hide , ottoman is deer antler with elk hide patting

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2017
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 11 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques and art collector as well as dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you. Please know I do not send pop-up offers. Although I am USPAP-trained, the assessments given here do not meet USPAP requirements.
Thoughtful responses take time. My responses are not instantaneous.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

OR -

Site Help With Photos:

1-***-***-****

The Help service with photos does not cost extra. This is not the same as the pop-up that asks about phone calls. The pop-up is an extra phone call service related to the appraisal, not photos.

I do not send pop-up offers.

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

hi doris thank you for getting back to me I just clicked on the 'ADD FILES' and sent a picture of the chair and ottoman. thank you again and I looking forward to your response and appraisal . I do have other pieces , but right now I would like to focus on the chair and ottoman
thanks

I had to be away from my computer for a while today. I thank you for your patience.

These are very interesting pieces indeed.

They would sell well for a cabin or informal setting.

The estimated retail value would be $600-700 for the set to start with. As your products become more well-known, they could sell much higher.

First, I suggest setting a small store on Etsy.com. The set up is easy and cheap. Select a easily remembered name for your store and make it relevant to your product. Then place a few pieces on eBay using a similar name to your store as your user name. Sell only at retail "Buy It Now" prices to maintain the quality appearance of your goods. The process may take a year to catch on. Then you can set up an internet store with a web address that you lease from Network Solutions or GoDaddy.com. Select a website address that is similar to the names you have using.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further quIestions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.

************************************
Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris

************************************