Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 8 piece owl and cat from the culver, inc. all gold…

Customer Question
I have a 8...

I have a 8 piece owl and pussy cat from the culver, inc. all gold plated...how do I find out if they are worth anything.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I looked up culver, inc. on the internet and saw a picture of the glasses. They are about 6 inches tall.....

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/28/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a set of early 1970's owl and pussy cat themed

glasses made by Culver Inc., originally coming in a metal carrier.

They also made these glasses in high ball size. These are the juice /cocktail

glasses that you have.

The set of eight in the 6" size is valued at $100 retail, another $30 value if you have the metal carrier.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer or need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.