Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a China piece by Ardalt. Its about 70 years old. with…

Customer Question
I have a China...

I have a China piece by Ardalt. Its about 70 years old. White with 3D white flowers hand painted with Gold. It has 4 legs and a lid . # 6492 Can you tell me about it and what it would be worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is rectangle. About 5"x3"

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

it is taking a bit to photo and send

Take your time, there is no time limit here.

This is a 1960-1970 Lenwile China/Ardalt of Japan trinket box in shape 6492 with a relief design

of florals and an applied floral on the lid. This piece has a value of $25 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

another
I thought it was older.It was my Aunts and she said she bought it in the 50's. Maybe she was wrong
can I send you another item

1960 is when it is reported that they

made this foil sticker to add to their porcelain items.

They did make items starting in 1952,

certainly possible to be from

the 1950's,

if she bought it then the value would still be at about $25.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

You must end this one by clicking the stars.

Then start a new question and putCustomeras the first word to get me again.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer or need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.