Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I haven an original oil painting on a copper disc. It is of…

Customer Question
I haven an original...

I haven an original oil painting on a copper disc. It is of the Madonna, the signature appears to be the face of the artist in sepia in the lower right aspect of the painting - the painting has been in-painted in restoration and appears to be maybe 17th century

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Do you have any idea what artist signed his painting with his face, or just put a strange face in his paintings?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/27/2017
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 9 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** ma a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you . Please post a few photos of the overall painting - front and back and then a clear close up of the face for review. This will help me in comparing who the artist could be. To post here click on file upload, add files or the paperclip button and follow the prompts. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

I do not participate in premium services so please know I ma not the one sending emails or pop up ads I like to keep things in written form here so you may have a reference to print out for your painting. I will always post here within our thread.

I don't have the painting here. I will have to take photos tonight and send them tomorrow.

ok no hurry thank you for letting me know Please send to***@******.*** and in the email please put "for ladytanya65" if you are emailing them. You said send so I wanted to be sure you have the correct email. Also please let me know the measurements for accurate value. I look forward to helping you.

I have photographs that I sent to myself, but can't figure out how to send them to you. What is your email address and I can send them from my telephone.
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 8 months ago

Please send to***@******.*** and in the email please put "for ladytanya65"

the company will forward them on to me I will let you know as soon as I receive them Thank you so much I look forward to helping you and evaluating this.

I sent the photos this morning
No I can't afford any more money I can't call I'm hoping the photos will get an answer

Thank you I will watch for the photos. Thank you for not clicking on the pop up for premium services. I like to keep things in written form so you may have this to print out and keep for future reference. Experts are not employees of the company we are contracted to help customers with their items. The company sends out all ads and emails. I am sure we can complete everything within our post here and by photos. Thank you again I will let you know when I get the photos.

Hi I was just checking back as I have not received the photos as of yet on the oil painting on copper disc.

Here is the email again if you could resend them please I will also send an email to check and see if they have received them. I look forward to helping you.

send to***@******.*** and in the email please put "for ladytanya65"

No