Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I own 2 Persian rugs that was purchased in Iran in 1978. One…

Customer Question
I own 2 Persian...

I own 2 Persian rugs that was purchased in Iran in 1978. One is 10' 4" x 6'7" the second one is 10'2"x 7' 9 1/2". Excellent condition! What is their value?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I know that the were purchased in Iran before the Shaw was forced out. They have been rolled for the last 35 years.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of-- my made the purchase and she passed away 2+ years ago.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Where is the response?

Right above you.

Jennifer

This is a Kayseri kilim, early to mid 20th century. Technically, kilims are in a class of their own, as they are flatwoven rather than tufted--not truly Persian rugs.

In the size you mentioned, it would have a retail value of $2,000.00 - $2,250.

Please feel free to post the other rug. If they are of the same pattern, though, the value would be the same.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer