Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a barrel type set of cuff links with rubies around…

Customer Question
I have a barrel...

I have a barrel type set of cuff links with rubies around each end. The matching tie clip says "14K Ra". What is RA?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Currently as far as I know, The only makers of these barrel type cufflinks is Tiffany. However, there is no such homework. The cufflinks came to us from the estate of Arthur Fiedler's music agent. So, it was at least made in the 50s.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Hello?

Expert's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I've been given an old pair of barrel cufflinks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/26/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 11 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

No one has called. It's been a few minutes.

This is a 14k yellow gold and channel set rubies

cufflink set made by Enos Richardson of New York (R mark) in the 1920's with

a value of $700 to $850 retail for the set in the photos.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer or need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.