Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I bought a painting on canvas at a yard sale years go. It is…

Customer Question
I bought a painting...

I bought a painting on canvas at a yard sale years go. It is signed at the bottom right by "Siphong".recently I cut the paper backing and it has a red stamp that said "Loan Gallery ju do ????? (not readable) Saigon.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I purchased a painting on canvas years ago at a yard sale that was signed by "Siphong" with 3 small children sitting on the floor of a hut. It was framed and had brown paper covering the back. I recent opened the paper and it read, "Loan Gallery ju do ????(faded) Saigon" It looked like it was in red stamp.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/26/2017
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 10 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora