Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm trying to date my Waltham pocket watch, no 75548, A.L.D…

Hi I'm trying to...

Hi I'm trying to date my Waltham pocket watch, no 75548, A.L.D in a chamfered rectangle, symbol of an anchor, .375, a “9” in a chamfered square and what looks like a “q” can you please help

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Its working but has replacement plastic bezel (not fitted) all lookgs good though

9/26/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Please send images at your convenience.

~Nora

Thank you for the images. Please add a photo of the watch face and if you can open to the back to the works, there should be a serial number on the works that is different from the one on the case. ~Nora

These are all i can get to thanks, ***** ***** open number inside says 19162110, AWW Co
1506389846833-759902066.jpg1506389...jpg15063898806552022772248.jpg1506389...jpg1506389913485-546602453.jpg1506389...jpg1506390182861-912540795.jpg1506390...jpg

Thank you, ***** ***** look these over for you. ~Nora

I am after an approximate value too if possible

Certainly

Thank you for your patience.

The 9 and 375 indicate that the case is 9k gold.

The anchor is for being made in Birmingham, England.

The letter q in shield is for the year 1915.

The A.L.D. are for the initials of the goldsmith Aaron Lufkin Dennison, hence your watch is in a Dennison case.

The serial number on the Waltham watch works dates the works to 1914.

On today’s market, this could sell for up to $2200.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Thank you, ***** ***** you can see & the fact that the replacement bezel needs refitting how much does this affect value, also is it 9 carat plated or solid gold etc, regards Jason

Hi Jason,

You are welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

This is solid English hallmarked gold and a bezel replacement will impact the value by about 30%.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

Sincerely,

Nora