Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a book from 1899, THE COLOSSUS by Morley, published

I have a book from 1899, THE COLOSSUS by Morley Roberts, published by HARPER & BROTHERS PUBLISHERS. Is it of value?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Well I also have books from Mark Twain, aka Samuel Clemens, from 1901 and it is dedicated to his 2 daughters, Susie and Clara Clemens. I found them along with others in my attic when I purchased my home several years ago.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Ivanhoe by Sir ***** *****, Bart. George Routledge and Sons, 9 Lafayett Place, NY

Your Colussus book retails for $20 - $25.

The Twain books may have substantial value, however in order to properly assess them, I will need to see images. You can send them to here at your convenience.

The Ivanhoe volume retails for $10 - $11.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Ok, thanks! I have a few books from the late 1800's - 1945 and I don't want to throw them out or sell at a yard sale. I will try to send pictures as soon as I can. I also have a very old painting that I will send also.Ann Marie

Hi Ann Marie,
You are very welcome.

I will be happy to help with additional items, however you will please need to start a new question thread for the painting and for more books.

I can assist you with the Twain books on this question thread.

Feel free to request me by name when you post a new question by adding "For Nora" at the beginning of the new thread.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Will do. Have a nice day Nora.

Thank you! You can add the Twain book images to here whenever convenient. ~Nora