Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Not sure how this works :) ... I've won an online auction…

Not sure how this...

Not sure how this works :) ... I've won an online auction and i've learned when things are too good to be true, they normally are... I've one https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/55776528_victor-brauner-1903-1966-romanian-pencil-on-board For much less then it's estimated value.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not sure there is anything else, just curious if the estimated value is accurate

9/25/2017
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

The issue here is that the work itself is not similar to the style of the listed artist Victor Brauner and as well, it is not his signature style. Usually his works are signed with a backwards or letter N in the last name.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

~Nora

Always too good to be true :) .. Thank you very much!

You are welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here. Nevertheless, an interesting piece of artwork.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora

Nora