Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 55" tall hand carved statue of what seems to be a…

I have a 55"...

I have a 55" tall hand carved statue of what seems to be a african medicine man it weighs over 100lbs an is greatly detailed throught the carving...was wondering if u could help me find the value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Thats bout it

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that im aware of

9/25/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Pic
0822171935a.jpg0822171...jpg0825170420d.jpg0825170...jpg0825170420d.jpg0825170...jpg0825170420.jpg0825170...jpg0825170420e.jpg0825170...jpg0825170421a.jpg0825170...jpg

This is a circa 1950's to 1960's wooden carved medicine

man statue that comes from one of the Caribbean Islands, likely Haiti or Jamaica.

The value of this piece is $450 to $525 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares
Thank u so much for ur info.now I won't be wondering were its from nor its value

I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and putCustomeras the first word.