Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I inherited a ring from my grandmother....it was her

Customer Question
I inherited a ring...

I inherited a ring from my grandmother....it was her engagement ring....it is silver and the stone in purple...multi faceted.....when I was 12 she passed away and she was 72....I received when my father died....about 25 years ago

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have gotten in touch with sotherby in new york, and was asked to make an appointment...I was unable to do so ...as my husband had passed away.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/25/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.