Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Is there an antique dealer in the Pacific Northwest, Montana…

Hi, is there an...

Hi, is there an antique dealer in the Pacific Northwest, Montana or Idaho that sells George Zee & Co furniture?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a set of 4 stacking tables with glass tops, dark wood, No 53-26010 address is***** Kowloon, Hong Kong

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

One piece slightly damaged but repairable, carving all on four sides of the table

9/24/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a set of four rosewood carved nesting tables made in 1953

by George Zee of Hong Kong. The value of the set (condition noted)

is $500 to $600 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA), Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them, which would be best for these pieces since you may not want to be resposible for shipping them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Rarewares
I saw a set valued at $1,200 -- ??

People can ask whatever they like on 1st Dibs or Ebay, but the average reasonable actual sales price for these is

$500 to $600.

I hope that explains it better.