Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

9/24/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Is it marked ? What size is this?

Glenda

No markings. Tests as Sterling. 18 inch length. Bird measures 2.75 x 6 inches. 3.028 grams.

Hello

This is a Native American Sterling Silver Phoenix, hand crafted most likely created in the 40's. I can tell you the value but cannot tell you which Native American Made it without a mark. It is most likely the Pueblo Tribe.

That information is helpful. Thank you. Do you think it was a ceremonial piece? And value would be appreciated.

Hello

It is very possible it could have been a ceremonial piece at some time. The Native Americans also created a lot of pieces for tourist who were traveling west during this time frame.

.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Sterling Silver and Turquoise Hand Crafted Necklace has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $300.00-375.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $150.00-155.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $375.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $375.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Thank you. Is orange coral? And what is the symbolism of the Phoenix as I know there was usually a reason NA jewelry was created using particular animals.

Hello

The orange is stone is most likely a Catlinite. The Phoenix , here is the story of the Phoenix:

http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2010/12/origin-of-phoenix-native-american.html

.

.
Glenda,
.
.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser