Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I received an antique mayor and it is signed on the back…

I received an antique...

I received an antique mayor and it is signed on the back with the date of 1935. There is no maker manufacture stamp but there is a pattern number and two numbers at the top of the mirror.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

On the top back of the mirror is the number 2653 on the other side of the back of the mirror is the number 43. On the back of the mirror (is the letters WAL pattern number 294.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Yes whoever owned this mirror signed it in pencil with the date March 26, 1935

9/24/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a walnut Federal/Chippendale-style mirror

made as part of a bedroom set in 1935.

This would have gone over one of the dressers or the vanity,

exact maker unknown, with a value of $200 to $250.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are https://marketplace.apartmenttherapy.com/, www.loveseat.com (in CA), Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Rarewares