Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I got the photo of the mark, please also add one of the bucket by using the Add Files feature.

Text is okay

This is a circa 1920 to 1930 silver plated English ice bucket

made by Cooper and Sons of Sheffield England in the Ron Sheffield line

of items (they also made a Ron Pewter line). The term silver plated

means that this is made of base metals and coated with a plating of silver

rather than the item being silver throughout. The value of this piece

is $40 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.