Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a very old cookbook, but some of the pages are

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very old cookbook, but some of the pages are missing but it has everything in it a menu for a year and how to cook game and how to can, freezing and a whole lot of other stuff in it, it was my mothers and it came from back east, i have no cover for it, it has been moved around alot

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Its a really thick book and the cover used to be green if that helps and i think but not sure it was put out in the late forties or early fifties

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/23/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There were no photos of the book that came with your original inquiry.

With books, condition of cover, pages and binding is so important in value.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the book, title page (publisher),
any other first few pages that might shed light on date, and any condition issues.