Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a wristwatch that is a Wyler incaflex dynawind the…

I have a wristwatch that...
I have a wristwatch that is a Wyler incaflex dynawind the numbers on the back are(###) ###-####and a pocket watch that is a royal I don't have any numbers for it I'm sending pictures along with this
I would like to get a value of what these items are worth
9/22/2017
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hi there! Thank you for requesting me.

Please give me a few minutes to study your pictures.

I will return ASAP.

Kind regards,

Doris

Your Swiss Wyler incaflex Dynawind wrist watch has an estimated retail value of $180-220.

The pocket watch by Royal has an estimated retail value of $80-100.

Again,

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.
GoAntiques.com
Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com/about/selling

Or your nearest CraigsList.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.
If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars!

This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be the pro that takes the question.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Thank you,I kinda thought the pocket watch was worth a lot more ,but I'll take your word for it,you have a good day,

You are welcome. I wish it were worth more.

Kind regards,

Doris