Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Glenda! You are going to get tired of me ☹️. I have a lot of…

Hi Glenda! You...
Hi Glenda! You are going to get tired of me ☹️. I have a lot of stuff I need help with, sorry. This is a candlestick I purchased and it has no markings. It is 10 1/8" H; base is 5 5/8" W; and top is 3 1/4" W
9/22/2017
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Just a heads up, do not ask too many questions at one time, spread them out. If you ask too many the same day or even in a couple of days close together, then the site gets flagged and customers accounts get suspended. This is what many of my customers have told me. So if you can just spread out the questions. Also if you want, I do not mind doing two items in one question, if they are the same type item, like glassware or pottery etc.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Antique Pink Opaline Glass Candlesticks have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $130.00-145.00 if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, at around $75.00-100.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $130.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $130.00

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you need values for. Just send to "Glenda Only" I would be happy to help.
.
Glenda,
.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. This is the only way we get compensated for our work.They should be located top left of the page. Or you may see review expert or rate expert.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Thank-you for the information on the questions and spacing them out!Do you, by any chance, know the maker of this candlestick?

Hi

The Opaline is possibly Duncan glass. It is so hard to say for sure if it is not marked, so many companies made this same kind of glass.

Most glass is impossible to know who made it when they are not marked, glass companies were notorious for copying each others work.

This Dish here is most likely Fenton, and it is valued at $ 130.00-145.00.

Go ahead and send me the picture of the other one I can get the value for it too

This one is Fenton, circa: 1950. Very nice! It is valued at 140.00-145.00.

.

I hope you have a great evening!
Glenda,
.
.
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
This and the yellow one I bought for $2/each. I was glad that the flowers were still brilliant in color and not worn off like a lot of them. Thank-you again so much. I have truly appreciated your help. I definitely will be in touch again!����

You are welcome. I look forward to helping you some more. hope you have a great day

Glenda