Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Head 0f Boy by Ruebens. Framed, sold in New York in the 60's…

Customer Question
Head 0f Boy by Ruebens...
Head 0f Boy by Ruebens. Framed, sold in New York in the 60's
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/22/2017
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Can I help you further with uploading photos?

Thank you!

This is actually called Nicholas Rubens with a Coral Necklace. It was drawn in 1619.

The original was done in chalk, and is held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

This was never created as a print during Rubens era. This print was a reproduction created in the 1940s through the 1960s, for the decorative market.

The current value of the framed vintage print would be $125.00 - $175.00.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer