Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I need to insure some very old peaces. Can you help me with…

Customer Question
I need to insure...

I need to insure some very old peaces. Can you help me with the best way to do that?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

One tea set is pre noritake from 1880's, the others sets from early 1900's. Some i have no idea...NBS marking. An art deco Shelley jug.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

All 8 individual cup and saucer sets have a matching cake plate. None are damaged. The main one to insure is the 1880 set as that is the one i think is valuable

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
Is your appraisal valid for insurance reasons?
9/22/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I look forward to working with you. (I do not participate in the phone service)

Please add pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks by clicking the Add Files button.

The Add Files feature will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.
Add one, write a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.