Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Frederic Remington Bronco Buster replica in bronze…

Customer Question
I have a Frederic Remington...
I have a Frederic Remington Bronco Buster replica in bronze approximately 2ft tall, weighs about 30+ pounds and has a circle with a triangle engraved on the left rear leg. I would be happy to send you a picture. It is solid, single piece with Frederic Remington engraved on the base.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/22/2017
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 10 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I only got one side photo. Please also add pictures of the front and of the foundry marks.

This is a 20th century replica of Frederic Remington's Bronco Buster

bronze statue in the 24" size. The mark on the horse is supposed to represent the

iron brand of the horse's ranch, a detail that is also on the original. There are two versions titled Bronco Buster, the original statue from 1895 does not have an implement in his hand. (See photo)

There was a second version, also called Bronco Buster, where the cowboy has the whip.

Both versions are acceptably referred to as Bronco Buster.

This bronze statue replica has a current value of $450 to $525 retail on the secondary market.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

I've tried sending you a text previous to this one and it seems to have gone nowhere. I want to reach someone at Antiques Roadshow but don't know which number to call. Please help me. I am not looking to pay for the call as I only wish to speak with someone. Thank you for your help. David ***

This site is not Antiques Roadshow, so I can't help with that part.

To end this one, please click the stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.