Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a set of bronze Roman chariot fittings I'd like to…

Customer Question
I have a set of...
I have a set of bronze Roman chariot fittings I'd like to have appraised. 10 separate pieces including a pair of busts (Hercules, Athena??) a pair of zoomorphic pole ends, and a pair of lions. I have several photos
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Antiques
9/22/2017
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 10 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

You will need to have this artifacts appraised in person by a certified appraiser, this is not something that can be done online, there are many items you have here that would need to be inspected and dated by the appraiser before a value can be obtained. I can help get an appraiser in your area you can contact if you like?

Glenda

I am having the items analyzed by the XRF method which will authenticate them due to the characteristics of the alloy.
I am having the items analyzed by the XRF method which will authenticate them due to the characteristics of the alloy. Mark

Hello

Thank you, ***** ***** need to be looked at in person in order to be valued.

Glenda

Thanks for the advice but you haven't provided me with any information about the relics, not worth $40 to me.

Hi

I was not giving you information, I was telling you that this would have to be looked at by an appraiser in person. I was offering to help you get a list of appraisers you could take this to.

Glenda

Glenda, forget about it. I was hoping for information about the relics. I already have contacted Artemis Testing Lab in Louisville, CO for XRF analysis, the two samples I sent arrived yesterday.
Perhaps I was too vague in my inquiry.
I was hoping for"these are relatively rare and some similar pieces can be found here"..."these types of chariot fittings have sold for this amount" or maybe " I don't know much about this particular type of antique but here is someone who does" which sounds a lot like your reply. Just don't think there was $40 worth of information or advice. I'll ask better questions in the future, thank you
Mark R Van Buskirk