Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Do you know anything about this clay and ceramic figure.

It's between 7" & 8"...
Do you know anything about this clay and ceramic figure. It's between 7" & 8" tall. No chips or damage, other than it looks like the right hand held something ... incense stick comes to mind, but I really have no idea
20170921_180751.jpg2017092...jpg20170921_180807.jpg2017092...jpg20170921_180807.jpg2017092...jpg20170921_180815.jpg2017092...jpg
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a circa 1950 to 1970 Chinese boy figurine

incense holder. These were made of earthenware pottery

in all different shapes as decorative holders for the incense

at a Buddhist's home shrine. I have added a picture of a mud man Chinese

figurine to show the hand in the same position.

Your figurine has a value of $20 to $30 retail.

Please take a moment to click the five stars in the upper right of your
screen and hit the orange SUBMIT button to signal the site that I have
completed the question. Thanks!

Rarewares