Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

ONLY: This is a set of two sleigh horse bells. Each one

THIS IS FORCustomerONLY:This is a...
THIS IS FORCustomerONLY:This is a set of two sleigh horse bells. Each one consists of 25 brass bells on a leather strap, approximately 6 feet, 7 inches long. There are stickers on a couple of the bells which say "Korea," but I'm unclear as to whether they refer to the brass bells or the entire strap.They are very heavy, and my friend Harold, who is holding them up, had to rest a couple of times while I shot the pictures. (If it makes your job any easier, I can weigh them.)I've no clue about anything other than that about them. Thanks or any light you can shed on them.
Sleigh.Bells.01.jpgSleigh....jpgSleigh.Bells.02.jpgSleigh....jpgSleigh.Bells.04.jpgSleigh....jpgSleigh.Bells.05.jpgSleigh....jpg
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a set of vintage (1970 through 1990's) graduated brass petal bells

on leather straps. This set of bells have the Korea sticker that relates to the

strap and the bells, a sticker that was used only after about 1970. The pair have a value of $150 as a set.

You can read more about collecting bells and the rare, collectible shapes as well as reproduction bells on this site, which I have always found interesting. https://classicbells.com/info/fakeBells.html

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars.

Rarewares
Thank you. :-)

You are welcome!