Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Will, I am wondering if you might be able to provide an

Hi Will,I am wondering if you might be able to provide an appraisal of some dishes and glass that my grandmother collects. Hopefully this is enough detail to give you a sense:
7 pieces fiestawear bowls (vintage)A set of Blue Danube dishes (8 plates, 8 saucers, 8 small plates, 6 very small plates, 6 bowls, 4 large bowls, 1 serving bowl, 1 teapot, and creamer and sugar.Green depression glass: 8 goblets, 2 candle sticks; 1 small vase, 6 green water glasses with gold rimA full set of Currier and Ives dishes, including sugar bowl and creamer and 16 mugsRuby red depression glass: 11 large plates, 15 teacups, 3 Fancy teacups, 14 small plates, 3 candy dishes, 6 saucers, 12 drinking glasses, 5 mixed tiny glasses, 4 small candy bowls, 10 salad bowls, 2 candle sticks, 6 small vases, 1 pitchers, 4 red chalices with clear bases, 2 creamers, 2 cups with double handles.Pink depression glass: 2 large serving bowls, 6 short glasses, 2 tall glasses, 3 dinner plates, 2 small candy dishes with double handles, 1 sugar bowl with lid, 1 creamer, 2 small serving bowls, 1 pitcherLu ray pastels: 2 large serving platters. 2 shallow oblong serving dishes. 1 serving bowl round. 3 tea cups. Creamer. Salt and pepper shaker. 2 regular bowls. 4 tiny bowls. 8 saucers. 6 medium plates. 3 small plates. 3 small scalloped bowls. 6 small scalloped platesThanks so much for any info you can provide.Kelly

$30 each for 7 pieces fiestaware bowls

$100 for a set of Blue Danube dishes consisting of 8 plates, 8 saucers, 8 small plates, 6 very small plates, 6 bowls, 4 large bowls, 1 serving bowl, 1 teapot, and creamer and sugar.

For a set of 1930's green depression glass: 8 goblets ($15 each), 2 candle sticks ($30 for the pair); 1 small vase ($20), 6 green water glasses with gold rim($15 to $20 each)

$225 to $275 for a service for 12 plus serving pieces of Currier and Ives dishes, including sugar bowl and creamer and 16 mugs

$200 to $300 for a set of Ruby red depression glass: 11 large plates, 15 teacups, 3 Fancy teacups, 14 small plates, 3 candy dishes, 6 saucers, 12 drinking glasses, 5 mixed tiny glasses, 4 small candy bowls, 10 salad bowls, 2 candle sticks, 6 small vases, 1 pitchers, 4 red chalices with clear bases, 2 creamers, 2 cups with double handles.

$250 to $300 for a set of 1930's Pink depression glass: 2 large serving bowls, 6 short glasses, 2 tall glasses, 3 dinner plates, 2 small candy dishes with double handles, 1 sugar bowl with lid, 1 creamer, 2 small serving bowls, 1 pitcher

$300 to $400 for a set of Lu ray pastels consisting of 2 large serving platters. 2 shallow oblong serving dishes. 1 serving bowl round. 3 tea cups. Creamer. Salt and pepper shaker. 2 regular bowls. 4 tiny bowls. 8 saucers. 6 medium plates. 3 small plates. 3 small scalloped bowls. 6 small scalloped plates

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get good feedback for answering.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you for this estimate. It's a good starting point. I did have one question about these numbers. Is this what we would expect to receive if we sold the items ourselves (e.g., on ebay)? Or is this what we would expect to receive if we sold on consignment or at an auction? Obviously if we sell on consignment or at auction, we will pay a fee to the store or auctionhouse, but I also do not know if the prices above would be the same.

These prices are what you would ask if you sold them yourselves.

Consigning them to auction houses really varies depending on

where the auction house is located. Best results would be at a place that is in a large city

and one that offers online bidding as well as live bidding. Those tend to bring closer to

these prices I've given. At a small town country auction with no online bidding, you would expect to get 40%

of these prices.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks - that is what i figured.

I must be the last to answer in this thread so that the question will close.
I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and putCustomeras the first word.