AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a queen size bed and dresser with mirror. There are

I have a queen size bed and dresser with mirror. There are no identification markings that I notice on either piece. Has been handed down through 3 generations, per family, its at least 90 years old. What is the easiest way to have it appraised?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Its not in perfect condition, not sure if I should have it repaired?

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks?

If you don’t have photos, I can do my best without them—just let me know—but it’s more accurate with photos.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Here are some photos, if you need another view please let me know.Thank you

Sorry for the delay, my notice just popped up. I'm researching right now.

I don't see photos of the bed. Does it match? Headboard only, or footboard and side rails?

This dresser is from the first quarter of the 20th century. However, what's odd is that the scrollwork on the mirror, does not match the scrollwork on the dresser. Are the pieces attached? Are you positive they've always been together?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Im working on photos of the bed. The bed is matching, headboard, footboard, and side rails. The dresser is 2 separate pieces connected by a piece of wood. As far as I know they have been together. I am positive they have been together at least 40 years. Bed photos coming in a few min.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Here are the bed pieces.

Sorry, had to go deal with the kids. Back now and researching.

Perfect, thanks.

The bed matches the mirror, but not the dresser. At some point in the distant past, that dresser was married with that mirror. My feeling is that the dresser is a bit newer than the other two pieces.

The bed also looks closer to a full than a queen, which would be typical for the era, but I'll take your word for it.

The resale value of the set in as-is condition, which shows some wear, would be approximately $750.00.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you Jennifer,
Do you happen to know of any buyers?