Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a piece by a european artist - Edlef Romeny (aka

I have a piece...

I have a piece by a european artist - Edlef Romeny (aka Edlef ter Hasr Romeny) and I was wondering whether I could sell it here

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The piece is a numbered copy of a etching he made. Number 14/32 done in 1968. A butterfly on black background

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Other than the I knew Edlef back in Sweden and that he stayed with my family in Holland several times when he made an aquarel portrait of me.

9/21/2017
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

The frame and back of the "copy" have no markings - that I can see.
The note and signature are authentic an pencil. I tried to add a picture, but the file is too large.

Edlef ter Haar Romeny (born 1926)

is a listed artist from the Netherlands. A 1968 limited edition print number 14 of 32 printed

by Edlef Romeny would have a value of $$60 to $80 retail.

To sell, try ads on these sites; artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com. Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local) , Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, Ebay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answering.

Rarewares

If you would like to use me on any future questions,
put ForCustomerOnly in the text of your question to get me again.